So I have finished the second round of my second regimen and met with my oncologist today. I had a cat scan last week and a blood draw today.
I guess I was hoping for my tumors to be gone… Bye bye, Birdie. Maybe gone by 50%. Well, that’s not the case. The lesions/tumors/masses have had a slight reduction (around 10%). My overall labs have improved. One liver function is actually within normal limits, for the first time since February. My tumor marker test was down by 50% after the first round. I’ll know in two weeks what the current values are – those get sent off to Dallas.
I guess it’s not good or bad news, and it’s certainly not great news. It’s just news. I guess I won’t be jumping for joy until the mother bleepers are gone.
Bubba, on the other hand, is now on thyroid and arthritis medicine after two visits to the vet in the last month. We were plugging along and he was really improving until he decided to eat an entire month’s supply of both medications last night. He’s now been at the vet for 24 hours where they had to induce vomiting and run IV fluids on the moron.
To sum it all up, Bubba and I will both live to see tomorrow.